Sunset Boulevard – a curving slice of American romance running from the rough edges of East LA through the music of Hollywood, past the riches of Beverly Hills and ending at the Pacific Ocean. It is a famous stretch of 22 miles that has attracted American dreamers of all walks of life, hoping to make it big. “Sunset Boulevard,” airing as a special edition of “20/20,” reveals some of the riveting stories and pivotal moments in the make-it or break-it world of this American dream machine, including:
• the farm kid turned hot shot gossip columnist partying with the hippest stars, who reveals on camera those with whom he allegedly did drugs
• the starry eyed new band named “Queen Caveat” on the brink of success or burn out
• the young war veteran turned aspiring actor haunted by his past, determined to make this his moment
• the teenagers at Hollywood High – once a school for nurturing Hollywood talent and royalty like Judy Garland, now a last chance for some of LA’s toughest kids
• the Hollywood beauty turned runaway, dying to be loved, her body dumped off Sunset, and, in a gripping police investigation, her killer caught on tape.
Hosted by Jay Schadler, the special includes interviews with Johnny Depp, Keanu Reeves, Mickey Rourke, Alice Cooper and Hugh Hefner, all featured in the recent documentary “Sunset Strip The Movie.” Lou Adler, owner of the famed Roxy Theatre nightclub, and his son Nic, who currently runs it, are both interviewed and allowed ABC unprecedented access on and off stage to the Sunset Strip’s most legendary and influential music venue.
“Sunset Boulevard” airs on SATURDAY, APRIL 21 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. The two-hour broadcast also features original music.
Meet the dreamers of “Sunset Boulevard”.